Monday, May 25, 2009

Home Sweet Home

After an overnight stay in Osaka we all started the long journey home. I was very tired and not feeling good so I was ready to come home. It was definitely a bittersweet journey since little by little we said goodbye to those that had started out with us. Professor Peng and his wife Jessica as well a Chu-Ting all staying in Japan for few extra days of siteseeing prior to going back to Taiwan for some additional time with their families. Kathryn stayed at JCMU since she was not ready to return home yet. Professor Mehdian said his goodbyes after we reached Chicago since he had different flight arrangments than the rest of us. Those of us remaining had some lunch in Chicago and eagerly anticipated the last leg of the trip to Detroit. Once we all had our baggage in Detroit it was time for one more group photo and then we all went our seperate ways. I made some new friends on this trip, both from our group and in Taiwan, that I would never have expected to find I had so much in common with. This trip was beneficial for me because I was able to experience some vastly different cultures due to geography but also due to highly diverse makeup of our group. This was definitely the trip of a lifetime.


No comments:

Post a Comment